Macarthur Veterans Golf Association Inc
Return to Play from 17 July 2020
The following changes will restore playing conditions basically back to pre Covid-19 restrictions but social distancing requirements should still be observed. Antill Park has re-introduced some restrictions as described below.
1. Two persons to a cart
2. Rakes are back in bunkers (not at Antill for at least 2 weeks from 17 July)
3. Flag sticks may be removed (not at Antill for at least 2 weeks from 17 July)
4. Swapping of score cards with marker
5. 30cm Preferred Lie available on fairways
6. Weekly Presentation to be held after the game
7. Bookings for carts to be made through the Pro Shop.
We still encourage members to use the sanitiser provided as well as maintaining social distancing.
Members are also advised as follows:
1. EFTPOS System - The EFTPOS system has been implemented as of 18 August 2020. Note that cash will still be accepted, although card payments are preferred.
2. Online Booking - The online booking system has now been implemented as of 18 August 2020. Members can book directly on the MiClub system by going to mvga.1golf.com.au or by using the link provided on this website under the "Book a Tee Time" tab. The paper booking system will be discontinued as of 18 August 2020. Note that each member has a unique Member Number which has been provided by email, and the password is in the form of DOB/MOB, eg 21 Dec is 2112. Any issues can be resolved by contacting the starter, who will provide an answer, or arrange for the problem to be addressed. It is requested that Members be understanding during the implementation phase of the new booking system, should some unexpected issues arise during this period.
Formed in 1999 the Macarthur Veteran Golfers Association Inc. [MVGA] is an association of some 250 male and female affiliated club golfers, aged 55 years and above for men and 50 years and above for women, who hold a Golf Australia handicap and enjoy the opportunity to play competitive golf, in the company of peers, at the best courses in the Macarthur Region.
The Association is a socially enjoyable environment for veteran aged golfers and it is completely devoid of any forms of elitism. Membership of MVGA also carries with it membership of the NSW Veteran Golfers Association and access to over 50 weeks-of-golf across the State.
The Association holds approximately 50 events each year across the Macarthur region, and, it arranges annually for its members golfing trips to out of town locations such as the Southern Highlands.
Visit the MVGA Local Rules page for things to keep in mind when playing with the VETs.
New Members Welcome
To download a copy of the membership form please visit the Join Us page on this site.
The Macarthur Vets regularly play on the following three top quality courses in the Macarthur region –
Camden Golf Club Studley Park Antill Park Country Golf Club
50 Lodges Road Jarvisfield Road
Narellan NSW 2567 Picton NSW 2571
Phone 02 4646 1203 Phone 02 4677 1512: Pro Shop 02 4677 1240
Campbelltown Golf Club
1 Golf Course Drive
Glen Alpine NSW 2560
Phone 02 4622 2900: Pro Shop 02 4622 2990